Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Of concern...

I'm going to talk for a moment about knitting/crochet/crafting podcasts... Since I started listening to podcasts, I've noticed that some podcasts have been very consistent (Sticks & String for example). Others are either coming out less frequently or not at all.

However, what is most troubling to me is a review I recently posted to iTunes for the Lime & Violet podcast. First of all, I mean every word of the review. I love Lime & Violet, they are very entertaining, have provided me with a great deal more knowledge of yarn, books, etc. than I would have had if I hadn't been listening. Like others have said, its a virtual SNB in a podcast. Ok, so no problem, right? Wrong. I made a mistake in not posting the review SOONER... because of this my review doesn't have as much credibility since it was after Ms. V herself mentioned the slew of recent harsh reviews (some do contain valid criticisms) to the L&V Ravelry forum.

BAAAAAAA! I feel like such a sheep right now and it is really bothering me! Ok, that is all I have to say at the moment... Stay tuned for more FOs and WIPs and as always, I humbly thank you for reading :)

ETA: It's still bothering me, days later... I don't really give much credence to iTunes reviews which may seem odd considering that I review books for TRRC. Anyway, I should have stepped back and either waited to post a review or temper my words a bit than my emotional glowing praise as shown... I wanted to be nice and give back in my way. I value the work of podcasters because they are providing a service which is essentially free to be consumed regardless of the level of expense endured by the podcaster. I can't at the moment show my regard for them monetarily. I don't anticipate posting any other reviews on iTunes. I can't help but feel a little bit tainted by the whole thing.

1 comment:

wrchili said...

I listened to a few of the lime and violet podcasts. I stopped, because I couldn't seem to find the time to listen to them, but I thought the ones I did hear were very entertaining.