Monday, November 5, 2007

Better luck next year...

I can't get the correct gauge with my Red Heart stash for knitting squares to benefit Warm Up America. I don't know what the problem is, I tried knitting, I tried crocheting and it just isn't working. Perhaps the RH I have is kind of thick for 4-ply/worsted? Gauge is not something I have issues with usually so I am stumped... I'll bet if I were to use Caron Simply Soft or something similar, I would have no problems but I am not buying any yarn right now, no matter the worthiness of the cause. So, I will go back to making Christmas stockings with the RH and try the charity square thing next year!

1 comment:

jo said...

it's ok, we can always do the charity thing. in fact we shuld encourage the group to do it after new year, maybe as part of a new year's resolution to be more charitable.