Friday, August 17, 2007

Joann.com, why I may never buy online from them again...

My brother gave me a $50 gift card for a belated birthday present to Joann's. Since they are usually pretty picked over and slow to restock at my local store, I thought I would buy online from Joann.com (8/13/07). The last time I purchased from them (September 2006) I had a pretty good experience. This time, however, I have yet to receive a confirmation email (as of 8/17/07) and my inquiry to customer service gave me a vague response. Who knows when I will get this stuff? (And do I really need to shop there anymore?) But I better darn well get my $50 gift card credited back if the whole thing falls through! Plus, I think I am turning into a little bit of a yarn snob though I still like working with Lion Brand Wool-ease.

Anyway, tonight I got the green light to purchase a dpn set from KnitPicks.com (yay!) and a special skein of sock yarn from Lisa Souza (yay! yay! yay!), somehow I have a feeling I'll get both of these before the Joann's order...

2 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Yay Gotta Love fluff mail;) Darcy

jo said...

knit picks is so much easier to work with. they are so ON THE BALL with everything, even combining shipping on 2 separate orders before i got a chance to request it. and their needles are primo goods.