Tuesday, August 28, 2007

FO: Presenting... The Never-Ending Poncho!


Start Date: Mid-September 2006
Finished: August 27, 2007

Pattern: Bernat Soft Boucle Poncho
Yarn: Bernat Soft Boucle in (26928) Grey Shades
Needles: size US 10

Comments: Why on Earth would it take so long to finish? It was an easy pattern, knitted flat, in two pieces which are seamed together and based nearly entirely on stockinette stitch. In short, BORING!

I bought the yarn after seeing a crocheted poncho in one of the magazines but due to the nature of the yarn, I found it nearly impossible to crochet with. So I decided to knit something similar and this is what I came up with. Despite the simplicity of the pattern, I soon found my attention wavering and I set it aside more than once to knit a variety of hats, etc. Then my knitting group got me hooked on socks! So after almost a year, here it is, my poncho... one less little fuzzy monkey on my back :)

3 comments:

Cristina Salgueiro said...

That is why it took so long to do it. The stockinete stitch is the most boring one when you do big jobs. But still the poncho looks lovely. No that name for the poncho is also very good.

jo said...

one less fuzzy monkey on your back is of course one more fuzzy poncho on it.

bravo!

you did it in less than a year and that is the important detail. that's what i am sticking to regarding my sweater o' doom too

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

You Did It!!!