Monday, October 29, 2007

Acrylic de-stash possibilities...

I stopped in a Michael's today to pick up some bamboo needles for my daughter's school project. (I should get these back, but just in case I don't... I'm sure you can understand why I didn't loan out any from my current collection. Anyway...) I didn't even look at the yarn as I am still on that diet. What I did see at check-out was a poster announcing a local Warm Up America event. Donations of 7" x 9" squares are assembled into afghans for the needy. It struck me that this is really doable for me (even though I have quite a number of WIPs at the moment) as this project specifically calls for acrylic and would help me get rid of more of my stash! The two dates are November 11th and November 17th. I'll be heading out of town on the 17th so I am going to try and make some up for the 11th (or maybe I can have someone from my knitting group run these over for me on the 17th). I thinking it will probably be faster to crochet these but we'll see...

1 comment:

jo said...

this is good idea. why don't we make it a group effort? i'm sure everyone has some acylic laying around that they don't want. and if they dont i have plenty to donate for those who want to participate but don't have the yarn. whaddaya think? ;)